Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Lost Chicken

Hokay, so…
~
I just got back from a 2 ½ hour romp looking for some chicken. It only took me about 45 minutes to find a place, but then I got lost on my way back. I can’t wait to get a phone with some GPS on there. I sort of meandered down the streets at 8:30 on a Sunday night looking for a sign with a chicken on it. After I found one, I ordered a delicious saucy chicken set (set me back $15 since it’s for a couple people normally, but I was Jones’in’), and I was ready for it.
However, I did not keep track of how far in either direction I’d walked and I found myself going down some very unfamiliar streets. Luckily enough, I found a sweet little arcade and was able to throw down in a little Drum Mania. A couple teenage boys there watched me, asked me where I was from and we helped me out as much as they could with their limited English. I followed there directions but still ended up nowhere. I caved and took a cab the last kilometer. On the plus side, I was able to remember what “station” was in Korean!
~
Adventuring isn’t all fun and games.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, and musings are welcome. If a comment is too offensive it will be rejected at my discretion.