Saturday, August 22, 2009

Some new friends

Last night I went out with the other new person, Allyson, to kick it with a friend of hers who is also teaching English over here. His name is Jona (like saying Jonathon but stopping short) and he had some cool friends and a 360 with Rock Band. Needless to say, I was more than excited to make his acquaintance. After the 20 or so minute walk to get to his place (not bad around here) we ended up heading over for some norae bang (Korean karaoke). Before we went, I decided to get some soju and a chaser. Not a bad move considering half a liter of it costs 1350 won (little over $1) and it’s 40 proof. For around $2 I was set for the night. Definitely one of the perks of the country.
~
Another plus was that Jona had some really cool friends who I was happy to make the acquaintance of. Although there are other foreigners out and about it is difficult to find a situation in which you can actually get to know each other. Luckily, I was able to make few new friends. We rocked it out at Jona’s place until around 6am when I was exhausted and everyone decided to meander back to their homes. I have to say it was a very successful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, and musings are welcome. If a comment is too offensive it will be rejected at my discretion.